Enterprise analysis is the foundational research that undergirds any successful set of requirements. I have extensive experience in:
- Identifying the business need within the context of the business strategy, and within the scope of the project (regardless of any solutions proposed so far).
- Planning and scoping interrelated initiatives (synthesis as well as analysis!),
- Agreeing scope and dealing with scope changes and red herrings – identification, impact assessment (on budget, processes and systems), negotiation and consensus building. I make sure that success criteria are agreed for every project upfront, to keep everybody’s minds focused.
- Helping senior level business stakeholders make informed decisions about which initiatives to tackle and how, by highlighting the essential, proposing options and priorities with their risks, benefits and commercial impact
- Creating feasibility studies, business cases, gap analyses, concept evaluations, project mandates, market/competitor/SWOT analyses, cost/benefit/timescale estimates, RFPs